Sunday 12 February 2012

Chapter 25 - 888sport Special Offer

888sport were doing a special offer - bet £5 on who would score next in the match between Liverpool and Man City while it was in play and get a free bet of £5. However, it was slightly risky as I could not find a market for who would score next on Betfair.

I decided to take up this offer anyway (probably not my wisest of decisions but hey). I chose the player with the lowest odds (Edin Dzeko, at odds of 6.5) and bet £5 of my own money that he would score next. Alas he did not score next! So I lost £5. Upsetting.

My account, however, was credited with a free bet of £5. Realising that I had screwed this whole offer up, I tried to minimize my losses by using the free bet to bet that the HT/FT result in the game between Swansea and Chelsea would be Swansea/Swansea at odds of 10.0. I placed a lay of £4.62 against a HT/FT result of Swansea/Swansea at odds of 9.8. I lost this bet so received a payout of £4.39 at betfair.

Profit from this chapter: £4.39 - £5 = - £0.61

Overall profit: £302.16 - £0.61 = £301.55

No comments:

Post a Comment