Wednesday 4 January 2012

Chapter 3 - Stan James (Round 2)

The next stage of the offer at Stan James was that they would give me a free bet matching the value of my next two bets, up to a value of £20.

So I checked out the Spanish football market and bet £20 that Mirandes would beat Santander at odds of 2.5, and placed a lay bet of £20.41 against Mirandes at odds of 2.5. Mirandes won so I received £50 at Stan James but paid out a £30.62 liability at Betfair. This left me with a loss of £0.62.

For the second bet, I bet £20 that Bristol City would beat Millwall at odds of 2.25, and placed a lay bet of £20.55 against Bristol City at odds of 2.24. Bristol City won so I received £45 at Stan James, but paid out a £25.48 liability at Betfair. This left we with a loss of £0.48.

My account was then credited with a free bet of £20. Using freebets4all I found a horse with decent odds, with a liability I could afford - 7.5 for, 7.0 against. I used the free bet to bet on the horse at odds of 7.5 and headed over to Betfair to place a lay of 7.0. However, when I checked Stan James again I noticed that my bet hadn't gone through because the odds had changed. I'd simply gone straight onto Betfair without checking it - rookie error. The new odds were 6.5, but since I'd already placed the lay I saw no option but to place the bet. The horse in question didn't win so I lost the free money at Stan James, but ended up with an £18.30 profit at Betfair.

Profit from this chapter: £18.30 - £0.48 - £0.62 = £17.20

Overall profit: £25.67 + £17.20 = £42.87

No comments:

Post a Comment